1990 Isle of Man Penny Black Anniversary Crown




Year: 1990

Country: Isle of Man

Denomination:  Crown

Weight: 28.8 g

Silver Composition: .925

Mintage: 30,000

Certification: NGC PF67 Cameo

KM # 267a

Comments: Subject of this coin is the 150th anniversary of the Penny Black stamp.  I have seen these come up for auction here and there and always liked the reverse design with the stamp although I have never been interested in collection stamps.  The coin is finished with a cool dark patina I think they call pearlblack

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello. Wonderful collection you have.
Just before I found your blog, I was doing research on a new collection idea I had, sightly different from yours. I will start a "thaler" collection, that is, a collection of large silver coins that were created based on the thaler or the spanish 8 reales, and used as currency (for a start, no commemoratives for me). These coins should be 27-28g, a little heavier than the 25g "latin monetary union" types. I am trying to build a list, amd I have some questions, could I ask you in a private e-mail?
Thank you

Steve and Jen said...

Mauro, You can reach me a skingspan@gmail.com