1486 Austria Guldin 1953 Restrike





Year: 1486 (1953 Restrike)

Country: Austria

Denomination: Guldin / Guldiner / Guldengroschen

Weight: 34.558 g

Mintage: Unknown

Certification: NGC MS66

X # M28

Comments: Obverse features Crowned Arch Duke Sigismund of Tyrol, lion left, helmet right.  Reverse features knight on horseback with banner surrounded by 14 shields. Sometimes referred to as the first crown coin.  I was able to pick this one up at around $50. I don't usually collect restrikes but I can't afford an original of this coin so this is a good alternative for me.  I think I got a good deal as there are couple on ebay listed at over $200. 

2 comments:

Julius Nepos said...

A beautiful reproduction made nicer by the appearance of dark grey toning reminiscent of the original.

Anonymous said...

how much is the gold version?