2021 American Eagle Reverse Proof - Type 2

 





Year: 2021

Country: United States

Mint: S - San Francisco

Denomination: One Dollar

Weight: 31.103 g

Silver Composition: .999

Mintage: 125,000

Comments: This is the new silver eagle design for the 35th anniversary.  This coin was released with a type 1 silver eagle (original design) both with a reverse proof finish.  The official name of the set is the 2021 American Eagle One Ounce Silver Reverse Proof Two-Coin Set Designer Edition.  I haven't purchased anything from the US mint in almost 10 years but there are a couple products this year that I was interested in so I opened up may wallet.  Will be posting more in the next couple weeks.   I will say that the ordering process from the US mint leaves a lot to be desired.  This product's release date was changed then ordering it took me almost an hour and a half with website crashes and errors.  Looks pretty nice in hand, but very hard to photograph.

No comments: